What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The reason my mom got pulled out of an important business meeting over a banana (surely that’s a reason to read this post in itself!)
- Where you can learn how to become a better writer from Margaret Atwood and other greats
- As a blogger how you can connect with brands and monetize your content
- As a business owner how you can spark conversations about your products and services
- Why you would want to learn the art of sales from a former prisoner
How This Blogger Matches Other Bloggers To Brand Opportunities
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
Ginger Marketing matches bloggers with brands.
We help bloggers monetize their blog with their content, either through creating content for brands and getting paid to publish that content to their audience. Or, through publishing guest post content on their blog and promoting it. Join Guest Bloggers Wanted now for free to access the latest campaigns.
We help brands make more sales by improving their online reputation by getting more exposure to their products and services. Through working with micro influencers they are getting the effect of an online review since that influencer is endorsing their company. We call it “sparking conversation” and that’s what we aim to do through our guest posting service.
2. List your favorite business tools.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger – The internet works on word of mouth. It’s a tool which can help you pass a message from one person to the next to the next very quickly. If you get that right, you create viral content which can increase your traffic and sales exponentially. This book will help you to master the principles of why something gets shared so you can create viral content.
- The Boron Letters by Gary and Bond Halbert – Mastering the art of sales is essential in every aspect of life. The Boron Letters is a series of letters from father to son written from Boron, a prison. They are written by Gary Halbert who is one of the best copywriters of all time (that we know about)! The Boron Letters have gathered a cult-like status in the copywriting, marketing and sales worlds.
- Masterclass – If you are trying to master a new skill, take Masterclass to learn it from the greats in all industries. If you’re a writer and would like to learn the art of becoming a successful writer from the greats such as Margaret Atwood, Judy Blume, James Patterson, and Malcolm Gladwell, sign up for Masterclass.
- Becoming Minimalist – Minimalism has a lot of offer in terms of finding out what really makes us tick, what we really value in our lives and helping us to focus in on that. Whenever I get overwhelmed with life in any area, I always come back to the principles of minimalism and find a lot of comfort in that. Minimalism helps me to find ways of prioritizing those things in my life above acquiring a ton of stuff and then spending my life managing that stuff.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Have faith in yourself
- Be happy
- Take care of your health
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Pace yourself
- Just keep swimming
- Listen to advice but trust in yourself
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
I live in Edinburgh and am lucky enough to have a stunning nature reserve 10 minutes walk from the house so I climb up that hill at least once a week or more if I have time, and enjoy the gorgeous views. In fact, after I finish writing this that’s where I’m going.
I practice yoga, the styles change depending on what I need and which studio I’m going to, right now I’m doing hot yoga and yin.
Every morning I either do a qigong session or I play my steel tongue drum and meditate, sometimes both if I have the time. The sound that comes out of the drum is simply amazing, I love it and it really centers me and drops me into a peaceful meditation.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- My Chromebook! Without it I’d have no job!
- My golden book of meditations on life (this is a collection of different lessons I’ve picked up from various places).
- My grandma’s engagement ring, a family heirloom which I treasure.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
If I were to answer this question I would be lying because it’s actually something I want to work on. I’d like to find more examples of female leaders to learn from, its one of the reasons I asked Elaine Rau (founder of LadyBossBlogger) this same question during her interview on my blog!
9. List your social media platforms.
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Aliz Löcsei Helps People Master Tennis - February 24, 2020
- How To Monetize Your Influence: Taught By Award-Winning Influencer Elaine Rau - February 21, 2020
- From Zero Luck To 20 Brand Deals In One Week - February 20, 2020
- Federica Attanasio And Federica Pecis Help Female Entrepreneurs Succeed Through The Power Of Digital Marketing - February 19, 2020
- Jessica Osborn Helps Professional Women Build Scalable And Profitable Service Businesses - February 16, 2020