Anyone who knows me knows that I am a HUGE chocolate fan and lover of all sweets-without-nuts girl. So when Chef Lisa founder of Bitter Sweet Cake Design reached out to me to try her Gourmet Half Pound Cookies, I was elated! She has been interviewed by NY Radio Host Jeff Foxx, created cookies for the cover of Black Enterprise Magazine, been on a cooking segment on CBS News with Chef Jesse Jones (an award winning Chef of NJ) and made desserts for The Vanessa Jasey Show! I was so excited to be able to join the buzz and try her handmade desserts!
- Only the freshest, finest ingredients are used such as:
- Farm fresh eggs
- European sweet butter
- Madagascar bourbon vanilla
- The finest gourmet chocolates
- Organic fresh fruits
- No artificial preservatives added
- Custom created desserts using your imagination to make one of a kind creations
- See her designs here: www.bittersweetcakedesign.com
The cookies arrived in a humongous box. When I opened it up, the package inside was insulated with silver thermal packaging. When I tore through the thermal insulation I found the ice pack that was keeping the cookies fresh, since they were sent from NY. I took that off to reveal the white box underneath wrapped with a shiny brown ribbon. I opened up the box to unearth three giant cookies wrapped in plastic and stacked on top of one another.
I wish I had made a video of it – it was like Christmas going through all the delicately wrapped layers as my anticipation grew with each new discovery. I could tell a lot of work went into preserving the cookies’ freshness as well as making sure it was beautifully packaged and delivered.
The cookies themselves did not disappoint. They were just sweet enough without the overload. The flavors were really well mixed, unlike the Ultimate Hershey’s Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pizza Hut where I can taste the sugar grains and at times it can be too sweet to swallow! It took me about 2-3 days to eat one cookie because they were so huge! I didn’t eat have time to eat them until a week after they were delivered and they were STILL fresh then.
I think these cookies are great for gifts. I could see them being used as corporate gifts, wedding favors, birthday presents, etc. And with her whole array of other creations on her website, the possibilities are endless! I would definitely recommend Chef Lisa’s desserts, they are as good if not better than how they look. I’m sorry Hershey’s Cookies, you guys may be a staple in the industry, but nothing trumps fresh ingredients made with love and care!
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- The Seaweed Bath Co Purifying Products v.s. Restorative Products - September 17, 2019
- CamHome Olva Security Camera v.s. Blackbox Security Camera - September 5, 2019
- Caroline Tullis Helps Her Readers Be Authentic And Not Compare Themselves To Others - September 4, 2019
- Erin Halper Of The Upside Helps Women Find Success Beyond The 9-5 - September 4, 2019
- Alyssa Tabit Helps Millennial Women Become The Best Version Of Themselves - September 3, 2019