What you’ll learn in this interview:
- All the ways she helps women grow to have the relationships of their dreams… bet the last one makes you blush!
- What the best piece of advice she’s received has to do with performing in the bedroom
- This love coach’s “power morning cocktail”
- The one course Britt took that she thinks every online business owner can learn from
- The site she gives much credit for contributing to her spiritual growth and personal development
- The book she read that completely shifted the way she saw her marriage
- This blogger’s 5-minute, 5 product makeup routine
How This Love Coach Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
I help women (and some men) learn tools necessary to build and sustain healthy, fulfilling relationships with self and partner. More specifically, I help women:
- Let go of their ex
- Fix libido imbalance/differences in drive
- Heal from past hurt before getting into something new
- Trust again… or earn it back
- Silence the loud thoughts and hear their truth
- Fill up their relationship bags to attract the ideal partner
- Love their bodies and themselves a lot
- Understand and communicate their needs
- Learn to receive as much as they give
- Feel more secure in relationships
- Get what they want from their men
- Escape the “chore mindset” and have really good sex
I create content on my site, BrittReneeLee.com and Instagram @thegoddessnurturer to inspire women to first pursue their own healing and self-awareness as step one to building an intimate relationship that thrives.
While coaching over the last couple of years, I’ve noticed that many rush into relationships without first becoming secure in who they are as individuals, which puts a lot of pressure on the partnership. It’s my goal to change that by creating awareness and tools for self-development based on long-term commitment.
In addition to one-on-one coaching, I’m currently testing my new course, “Love Goddess.” This program is for women who want to explore their sexuality and sensuality, nurture deeper intimate connections, and explore relationship dynamics through the lens of the bedroom.
2. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing – I learned a ton from this very affordable course. I mean it’s packed full of value for anyone with an online business.
I am obsessed with YouTube! So, I wanted to share some of the content that has helped me create positive shifts in my life.
I’ve found so much free value for not only my business, but my marriage, spiritual growth, and mental toughness to keep my head in the game! Because entrepreneurship can get lonely and strong relationships rely on consistent personal growth.
Here are a few of my favorite channels when I need a boost:
- Impact Theory – Amazing new interviews posted weekly by Tom Bilyeu to help you ignite your potential.
- The Quietest Revolution – Amber Khan delivers highly in-tuned messages from the tarot like the bad-ass healer she is. Even if you aren’t into tarot, watching her will make you feel both seen and inspired.
- Infinite Waters – Ralph Smart is one of the first people I started listening to consistently when I began my conscious personal/spiritual development journey. He speaks on literally everything from relationships to health and I find his aura soothing.
- Gary Vee – Most of you will know Gary Vaynerchuk, I mean how could you not? Need a kick in the butt to get on your stuff? He’s your guy.
- Mel Robbins – I suffered from anxiety for years. I found Mel via a video she posted on a trick for panic attacks and I’ve been hooked ever since on her compassionate, honesty takes on the ups and downs of being a human.
I read a lot! So, this question was hard. Here are 5 of my favorites off the top of my head:
- The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem by Nathaniel Branden – I picked up Six Pillars after going through some things that left me feeling super insecure. I wanted more than anything to understand what went into self-esteem so I could feel strong within myself and never again feel like a victim. This book provided me with just that.
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard – When I was working a 9-to-5, this book really helped me get focused and intentional about living a better quality of life instead of merely going with the flow of my day. Great book if you’re looking to start making empowering changes in your daily life no matter where you are on your path.
- Burning Woman by Lucy Pearce – Burning Woman instantly resonated with my soul and I’ve quoted it a lot! If you’re tired of living passively and find yourself thinking “there must be more than this…” read this book. It’ll take you on a journey to embrace and free your inner goddess.
- Eloquent Rage by Brittney Cooper – Rage is a superpower. Having always been stereotyped as the black girl with a big booty and an even bigger attitude, this Brittney Cooper book hit a certain nerve in me. She helped me gain perspective on myself, women around me (not just black women either) and something brewing beneath the surface that has the power to set us free – eloquent rage. The title couldn’t be more perfect.
- The Queen’s Code by Alison Armstrong – TQC had me shook! Now, small disclaimer: I believe this book could’ve been formatted a bit differently and I did find it a bit corny at times, but the lessons make the corniness worth it! This is one book I would read then immediately go talk to my husband about. It gave me much needed perspective and changed the way I see my marriage. If you’re struggling to understand the man in your life, pick this up.
3. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- You can get in bed as the person you know yourself to be or as who you’d like to be. (FYI, I think the same can be said for any life circumstance, not just in bed!)
- Be careful of confusing poor communication with communication you just don’t want to hear.
4. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- To get what you want, you must first help others get what they want. Get your ego out of the game! Your business, website, etc… shouldn’t be you focused, it should be customer focused. If everything you put out into the world doesn’t show that, you’re going to have problems!
- Feel like you’re running in place? You may have problems focusing. Plan out your time so the day doesn’t get away from you. Write a short list of priorities to accomplish today and work on one thing at a time with NO distractions until it’s DONE. That’s step 1. Step 2 – eat well for a cleaner gut, which will give you a clearer head.
5. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
Most days, I get up early to get my daughter on the bus to school. I fast until lunch with a glass of ginger tea, a cup of coffee or green tea, and plenty of water – that’s my morning power cocktail!
I work out early in the morning either before my daughter goes to school or right after. Treadmill and weights are my go-to’s, though I get bored easily so I’m starting a spin class this week. Pray for me! :-/
My favorite workout of all time is kickboxing because it helps sooooo much with stress.
I have a very simple beauty routine, I only use 5 products from drugstores like Walgreens and it takes me just a few minutes:
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub – This scrub feels and smells nice first thing in the morning, especially after a workout. I follow it up with a little raw shea butter to moisturize.
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin – this foundation is so creamy, has good coverage and stays on all day. I simply apply it with my hands like I do lotion. Nothing fancy.
- Revlon ColorStay Concealer – here’s the liquid concealer I use to cover up my eye bags! It does okay. My eyebags are no joke!
- CoverGirl Plumpify BlastPro Mascara Very Black – I use a couple mascaras, but this is my favorite. I only use curved mascara brushes that add a ton of volume.
- CoverGirl Queen Collection Jumbo Gloss Balm – My lip collection is extensive, haha! I use everything – gloss, lipstick, balm, shea butter… everything. This is one of my favorite go-to’s for something moisturizing with a pop of color. This is my favorite low maintenance lippie. My favorite lipstick tends to be from Revlon.
*I use a Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar to wash makeup off before bed. It’s refreshing and helps keep my skin clear!
6. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Denman Brush – If you’re a natural girl, you need this brush in your life! I use it after conditioning my hair to detangle and make my curls pop. It makes styling quick and easy (I hate spending a bunch of time on hair).
- Shea Butter – Skin like butter, baby.
7. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
Lisa Nichols, founder of Motivating the Masses.
Her story is so inspiring and touched me deeply. What an incredible example of deciding, then becoming what you want to be despite your past.
Lisa says she isn’t extraordinary; she just chooses to do one extraordinary thing every day. “Don’t call me extraordinary as an excuse to let yourself off the hook…” This quote really speaks to me.
Greatness is within us all if we’re willing to become the person who will go after it. And that’s what my business is all about.
Helping her get in bed as the woman she wants to be instead of who she thinks she’s supposed to be. The bedroom here represents the relationship in its entirety and life overall.
8. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @thegoddessnurturer
- Pinterest @thegoddessnurturer
- Facebook @thegoddessnurturer
- Website www.brittreneelee.com
- Email email@example.com
- Hashtags #thegoddessnurturer #brittreneelee #relationship101 #lovecoach #yogoddess #relationshiptips #goddesses
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Natalie Young Documents The Process Of Creating Side Hustles Through Social Media - June 30, 2019
- How To Maximize The Benefits Of Printed Marketing Materials - June 26, 2019
- Anya Overmann Creates Strategic Content For Small Businesses - June 18, 2019
- Emma Norris Helps Businesses And Bloggers Generate Quality Leads - June 7, 2019
- 10 Traits Successful Bloggers Have - May 30, 2019