Beatrice Pitocco Is Raising $150,000 For Underprivileged Kids In Peru
What you’ll learn in this interview:
- The importance of staying true to yourself
- Why charity is important
- The concept of philentrepreneur
- Why working ‘hard’ is an antiquated concept
- Why passion in anything you do is important
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
After leading a small team using my experiences in nutrition, organic gardening and business to create an innovative and successful non-profit-organization through collaboration, integrity and passion, I started to recognize where there was a human need.
So I started researching, initiating and developing businesses and have been setting up successful and sustainable aid projects. This is how I started my NGO, Living Heart Peru.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- ConvertKit – great for any type of business or nonprofit.
- Print on Demand – create your own brand in a few minutes.
- QuickBooks Online – every business needs accounting software to help you focus on expanding the business.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – the book offers a keen perspective as to why we often fail in life. Consumed with the perceptions of others, concerned with the presumed permanence of existence. I listened to the audio book, which is narrated in such a way that keeps the listener interested.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- If someone hurts you, remember that ‘hurt’ people, hurt people. Do not take it personally.
- If something breaks your heart, pick up the pieces and give pieces of your heart to everyone you meet.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Don’t give up. If you are passionate about something stay true to it. Adjust when you need to but don’t give up.
- Give something back; find a passion other than yourself or your own success. Make your success someone else’s also. I’ve become a Philanthropist Entrepreneur or a Philentrepreneur- merging the two together.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
- Drink loads of water.
- Eat to survive, most of us eat too much.
- Smile, it makes everyone look so much better.
- Jogging for 30-40 min 5x per day.
- Taking my dog for a 30 min walk every day.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Coconut Oil – great for skin, teeth, everything!
- My iPhone – it is my tool.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Suze Orman – she’s smart and unapologetically so
- Jessica Alba – she pivoted, adjusted and went from actor to entrepreneur