Alyssa Tabit Helps Millennial Women Become The Best Version Of Themselves
What you’ll learn in this interview:
- Two must-have social media tools.
- The platform that will take your e-mail marketing to the next level.
- A financial fitness worksheet that will show you where you’re at managing your finances.
- An entertaining guidebook to help you master your mindset, pivot your actions and elevate your life.
- Why you shouldn’t be the smartest person in the room.
- Discover the best lip balm on the market.
How This Lifestyle Blogger Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1.What do you do? Who do you help?
Through a lifestyle blog, podcast and book, I help millennial women who want to be the best version of themselves, on their own terms.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- Planoly – My favorite Instagram feed scheduler. This app allows me to map out a cohesive IG feed that matches my brand’s aesthetic.
- Canva – This website is my one-stop-shop for all things design. From IG stories, podcast art, e-mail campaigns, media kits, and rate cards, this website is extremely user-friendly and easy to use.
- MailChimp – This marketing automation platform and email marketing service is the perfect guide for entrepreneurs looking to navigate the email marketing world. Mailchimp’s approach to marketing focuses on healthy contact management practices, beautifully designed campaigns, and powerful data analysis.
- Shopify – My fiancé and I self-published our book called The Pivot Principle earlier this year through Shopify. Due to this platform, the experience was effortless and allowed us to truly build our own brand while having access to our customers.
- Financial Fitness Worksheet This Financial Fitness Worksheet is a wonderful tool to allow you to see where you’re at with managing your finances.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
In 2014, my fiancé and I were involved in a nearly fatal car accident; I was in the hospital for three months, had to re-learn to walk and had 12 surgeries in under two years. Throughout my recovery, the main question I received was, “How did you get through that experience?” This inspired my fiancé and I to write and release our book called The Pivot Principle.
The Pivot Principle is the modern-day playbook for mastering your mindset, pivoting your actions and elevating your life.
- In a refreshingly entertaining guidebook, Freddie Smith and Alyssa Tabit pinpoint the twelve areas needed to pivot in order to revamp one’s life. Through raw and honest experiences, the duo shares how to:
- Get over self-doubt and the fear of rejection
- Step out of your comfort zone
- Effectively change your inner circle
- Make a great first impression
- Improve your time management skills
- Fail forward and grow from your mistakes
- Take control of your health
- Become more influential
- By the end of The Pivot Principle, you’ll learn an invaluable mindset that will leave you with actionable takeaways to instantly better yourself and your life.
Although the softcover is sold out, The Pivot Principle is still available as an e-book and audiobook at www.thepivotprinciple.shop.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Don’t be the smartest person in the room. I received this advice years ago and it has always stuck with me. If you’re not growing, you’re declining. Always surround yourself with others who inspire you and continue to add value. I am obsessed with learning, whether that is from someone in person, on a podcast or in a book, I am always intentionally fueling my brain with knowledge.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- Don’t compare your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 20!
- Remember: every next level of your life will demand a different version of you.
- Don’t just go through it, grow through it.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
I have been crazy obsessed with skincare and anti-aging products since I was about 26 years old. Every morning I use Neora Day Cream followed by my Clarisonic Uplift with the Smart Anti-Aging Firming Massage Head. I use lip balm all day, every day and about a year ago I discovered Sun Shades Lip Balm. It is the best lip product I’ve ever used. I don’t go anywhere without it!
- I am a huge lover of running. If I can’t get a run in, I at least try to get in 10,000 steps a day. I love pairing cardio with light weights and ab workouts.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Phoera foundation in buff beige is my go-to every day! It’s lightweight but the coverage is AH-MA-ZING.
- Lerosett Organic Clay Acne Spot Treatment – Anytime I notice hormonal bumps peeking through, I immediately put this on my face. It works like magic!
- Shoughengda Highlighter Stick in golden is one of my favorite daily obsessions! The dewy glow adds a pick me up whenever I need a little sparkle (pretty much every morning LOL).
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
- Sara Blakely, the founder of Spanx is such a powerhouse role model. Not only does she run a billion-dollar empire, but she also is a family woman, raising all four kids with her hubby, while having dance-offs and sing-a-longs in their kitchen at 6am, documenting their adventures through Instagram. She’s the real deal!
9. List your social media platforms.
- Instagram @alyssatabit
- Twitter @alyssatabit
- Facebook @alyssamtabit
- Facebook Official Page @freddieandalyssa
- Pinterest @alyssatabit
- Podcast The Freddie & Alyssa Show
- Blog www.alyssatabit.com
- Book www.thepivotprinciple.shop