What you’ll learn in this interview:
- What island inspired her to create as an artist
- The 1 business tool she couldn’t live without
- 2 pieces of invaluable business advice
How This Artist Runs Her Business Behind The Scenes
1. What do you do? Who do you help?
In short, I am an artist. During my Sophomore year of studying art at the University of Montana, I had the opportunity to study abroad. I was lucky to learn the art and culture of Bali Indonesia. It was there where I learned and fell in love with Batik.
Batik is a wax resist dye technique used to create images onto fabric and paper. Batik is an art form that originated in Indonesia and was traditionally used to decorate clothing worn for celebrations, ceremonies, and rituals.
My Balinese mentor and I were not able to speak each other’s language, but we were able to communicate through the process of creating art. This experience was transformative for me and has influenced my career as an artist.
Art has the ability to communicate, to draw out feelings and emotions. Art connects people. I wanted my art to be alive in the world. To travel, connect people, and to bring joy to all who resonate with it. It was from this realization that Art 4 All was born.
2. List your favorite business tools.
- ConvertKit – the only essential business tool every single business owner needs.
3. What is a good course, website or book you would recommend and why?
- The Secret Life of Bees – This is one of my favorite books. I love the poet Mary Oliver. I read mostly fiction novels and poetry.
4. What is the best piece of advice you have received?
- Do what you love, live where you find joy, and to find what you are truly passionate about and the rest will fall into place.
5. What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs?
- If a door does not open for you, perhaps it just isn’t your door. But that doesn’t that you should stop knocking.
6. What is your beauty and/or fitness routine?
- My fitness routine is just to stay as active and possible. Skiing, hiking, biking, and rowing boats down the river are my favorite “gym”.
- I also love yoga and meditation and soaking in natural hot springs or swimming in cold mountain lakes. I love organic food, locally harvested game, and green smoothies.
7. List the products or items that are indispensable in your life.
- Things that are indispensable in my life are not products or items but people. They are family and friends, adventures shared, stories and memories created.
8. Which female entrepreneur(s) do you look up to and why?
As for modern-day female entrepreneur, I would have to go with Ellen DeGeneres. I love how much she gives back to people in need and to animals.
9. List your social media platforms.
- Facebook @jhart4all
- Twitter @
- Instagram @abbypaffrath
- Pinterest @abbyczes
- Website www.art4allbyabby.com
Latest posts by Elaine Rau (see all)
- Gina Moccio Helps Women Entrepreneurs Build Confidence, Relationships And An Online Brand - March 30, 2020
- Lindsay Maloney Empowers Women To Start And Scale Their Coaching Business - March 28, 2020
- Katie Leimkuehler Coaches Executives And Entrepreneurs On Building Their Leadership Brand - March 11, 2020
- Saloua Ibaline Helps Female Entrepreneurs Ditch The 9-5 Grind - March 5, 2020
- Aliz Löcsei Helps People Master Tennis - February 24, 2020